Friday, June 1, 2012

The Best Homemade Glass Cleaner

 

 Ok. I have searched high and low for the best homemade window cleaner. It is amazing how many recipes there are out there. I have tried almost all of them, and have found the absolute best one that involves using a bizarre ingredient- corn starch. Yes, corn starch. I didn't believe it either until I tried it. I have never found a cleanser that can effectively remove hair spray from a bathroom mirror until I used this. It is so cheap and easy to make, plus it is safe and non-toxic so you can use it safely around children and pets.

I found this photo on Google, and will replace it with my own as soon as I can.
Ingredients: 
 1 c. HOT water 
2 Tbsp. vinegar 
2 Tbsp. rubbing alcohol 
1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
Put the cornstarch and hot water in the bottle first, and shake VERY well to make sure the corn starch  is dissolved as much as possible. Then, add the rest of the ingredients. Shake well and use! Give the bottle a shake every time you use it to make sure all of the corn starch is mixed in. 
Tip: You can also scrub your windows and mirrors with crumpled newspaper along with this cleanser to make them sparkle like diamonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment